In the quiet town of Littleton, Colorado, a heartwarming daily ritual unfolds between a Chihuahua and his doting owner. The Chihuahua begging and crying behavior captured in the footage highlights the emotional intelligence and affectionate nature of this breed, which have earned them a special place in dog lovers’ hearts worldwide.
Captured in sweet footage Chihuahua sits on his owner’s bed as she breaks the news that she must head to work. The Chihuahua, seemingly understanding the situation, pulls off a sad face, and a subtle whine tugs at his owner’s heartstrings.
His ears pressed down on his head, and his trembling body almost appears to be holding back tears. The Chihuahua’s owner gently tells him, “I have to go to work, I’m really sorry, please don’t look at me like that! I love you so much.”
Unfazed by his owner’s plea, the determined Chihuahua glances away in apparent disdain, as if to show that he knows she will eventually leave him behind.
The owner continues, “I’ll be back, and we’ll go on a long walk, OK? Please stop, it breaks mama’s heart!” But the little pup is persistent, repeating his Chihuahua begging and crying in various places each morning, hoping to sway his owner’s decision to take him along. God, why do Chihuahuas cry tears like this?
Chihuahua Begging and Crying Behavior
The heartwarming video quickly went viral on social media, enchanting viewers with the dog’s emotional display. Many found themselves unable to resist the Chihuahua begging and crying. Some were even jestingly suggesting they would quit their jobs to keep the charming Chihuahua company all day.
This Chihuahua begging and crying is a testament to the breed’s renowned wide-ranging facial expressions that often leave their owners both amused and touched by their performances. Chihuahua’s intelligence and affectionate nature have made them earn a special place in the hearts of dog lovers worldwide.
But the charming Chihuahua in Colorado is not the only canine with a flair for emotional expression. In Bangkok, Thailand, another Chihuahua named Mon was filmed grimacing in fear while receiving a rabies shot, showcasing the depth of emotions these tiny dogs can convey.
Why Do Chihuahuas Cry at Night?
There are several reasons why a Chihuahua may cry at night, including attention-seeking, hunger, separation anxiety, need for bathroom breaks, medical issues, and environmental factors. Here’s how these behaviors unfold:
- Attention-Seeking: Chihuahuas are social dogs that crave companionship and attention. If they feel lonely or ignored during the night, they may cry to get your attention and seek comfort.
- Hunger: A Chihuahua may cry at night if they are feeling hungry. As dogs age, their nutritional needs can change, and they might require smaller, more frequent meals. Older dogs may also experience reduced appetite due to various factors, which is why you will see an old dog constantly whining for food.
- Separation Anxiety: Chihuahuas can be sensitive and easily frightened by unfamiliar sounds or changes in their environment. If they feel anxious or scared, they may vocalize their distress through crying.
- Need for Bathroom Breaks: Like all dogs, Chihuahuas need to relieve themselves regularly. If they cry at night, it could be a signal that they need to go outside to use the bathroom.
- Medical Issues: Sometimes, crying at night can be a sign of discomfort or pain due to an underlying medical problem. If your Chihuahua’s crying is accompanied by other symptoms like lethargy or changes in eating habits, it’s time for an emergency vet visit.
- Environmental Factors: Temperature changes, uncomfortable sleeping arrangements, or noisy surroundings can also contribute to a Chihuahua’s night-time crying.
How to Deal with Chihuahua Crying and Begging
Remember, each Chihuahua is unique, and understanding your pet’s specific needs and temperament will go a long way in addressing Chihuahua begging and crying and ensuring they feel safe, loved, and content. Here are some things you can try:
- Comfort and Reassurance: Providing your Chihuahua with a comfortable and secure sleeping area can help ease anxiety. Placing a familiar blanket or toy near them can also provide reassurance.
- Regular Exercise: Make sure your Chihuahua gets enough physical activity during the day, as this can help reduce restlessness at night.
- Consistent Routine: Establish a consistent bedtime routine, especially if your dog cries for food at night. Feed well and include bathroom breaks before bed. This can help your Chihuahua understand when it’s time to sleep and reduce crying.
- Calming Techniques: Dog calming techniques, such as playing soft music or using white noise machines, can help create a soothing environment for your Chihuahua to sleep in.
- Avoid Reinforcing Crying: While it’s essential to attend to your Chihuahua’s needs, avoid rewarding crying with excessive attention, as this may reinforce the behavior.
- Consult a Veterinarian: If your Chihuahua’s crying persists or is accompanied by other concerning symptoms, it’s crucial to seek advice from a veterinarian to rule out any medical issues.
While you may have gotten used to your Chihuahua whining for no reason, they aren’t the only ones vying for attention during work hours. In the Netherlands, a comical scene unfolded as a large pooch named Ralphy hilariously attempted to squeeze himself into his owner’s fluffy robe, seeking comfort and company during remote work.
These stories of Chihuahuas crying and begging during their owners’ work hours serve as reminders of the special bond we share with our furry companions. And, they make for amazing Chihuahua memes that we can’t get enough of.
The world of dogs is filled with surprises, love, and companionship, and these delightful creatures never cease to amaze us with their unique personalities and expressive faces. So, the next time you worry about Chihuahua begging and crying, take a moment to appreciate their breed-specific behavior and cherish your love together.